Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Leaving London with a sigh....

Tomorrow we take the train to Paris. I am very sad to be leaving London. I love it so much here! Today we visited the French newspaper "Le Monde" so we are already in gear for French media. I am glad that I will be back in London in July though.

Over the weekend I went to Bath, which is west (I think) of London and explored the ancient Roman baths in the center of the city with my friends Zach and Justin. Everything in the city was so old and beautiful. I got to touch the hot spring water and light a candle in an incredibly old abbey next to the baths. The churches in England are breath-taking. After the baths I ordered an extremely interesting lunch that was basically sausage, eggs and bacon piled onto a hotdog bun. It is kind of funny because practically every meal here has bread, cheese and sausage. After Bath, we drove out to Stonehendge! It is really hard to describe how awesome it is. I thought that the mass amounts of tourists would ruin the experience, but everyone somehow knew to be quiet when they approached the stones. The best part was the rolling hills. After looking at the stones, we lay down in the grass and watched the clouds. It was so peaceful. I can't believe that I am able to say I have been there!

Tonight we are having a group dinner and then we are going to a taping of a British television comedy. Later we will probably go to a pub. I miss London already! Anyway, the internet cafe man is giving me the eye, so I better sign off. I miss you all and I wish I could take you to all of these amazing places! Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darby, meanwhile at home I have a new cool haircut!!! I liked Dean and guy very much. I had a great time and see why you want to go back. So I am do a long shaggy thing. And I won't need a cut for a good while, except for bangs.

Enjoy every minute. I love you.