Saturday, May 28, 2005

Notting Hill...

Well the pea coat Mom sent me got here on Friday just in time for a beautiful 80-degree Saturday (haha), but I imagine I will need the coat some time during this trip so all is well. Today we wandered around Notting Hill looking at shops and eating fresh fruit and pastries. It was an amazing day. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing and the antique stores were so fun....plus I got some presents! Last night we celebrated our first finished week abroad at a party at the London School of Economics. The kids there had just finished their finals so everyone was in a social mood. I had a long conversation with an Austrian guy about how to imitate an American accent. He was not very good at it, but his attempts were hilarious. He said that my British accent was a hick version so we had some fun making fun of each other. I also met people from Ireland, Texas and Scotland. The mix of cultures was great. It is interesting to hear about how Americans are perceived in different parts of the world.

Today is Sean's 18th birthday!!!!! Happy birthday Sean! I love you and miss you so much! I hope you have fun celebrating! I'm thinking of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doodles:

Happy Bday for Bon! We made the obligatory annual bday trip to Guitar Center and got Sean a high-end effects masterboard peddle thingamagigigger zx500-rx-12, and because Mike's bday is less than a week away (he'll be gone on Monday for DC) I got Mike an really good acoustic amplifier.

We're off to the Medival Dining experience in Buena Park for a small group of 13 people to celebrate Sean and Mike' bdays.

Love you sweets......write early and often.

Love Da.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darby, we are off to Midevil Times with lots of guys!!!!

Darby, please send me info on Guy!!!!! My hair is waiting!!! THX Mom Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day, Darby!!
XOXO Mom